What are the Benefits of Electron Beam?
E-beam irradiation can penetrate a wide range of materials and deliver the required irradiating dose in just a few seconds, meaning the entire process can take place in minutes. As a result of this short exposure period, the following benefits have been found:
- Optimized processing times
- Improved supply chain efficiencies
- Considerably less oxidative damage to the product
- Reduced color change in any present polymers
- No chemical residuals or induced radioactivity remain on processed products
Electron beam sterilization is supported by the internationally recognized consensus standard, ISO 11137, which describes the approach to validating a process to achieve a defined sterility assurance level (SAL).